RC Staircase Design
The scope of this calculation module is to design a concrete single flight staircase with landing slabs supported on two sides to carry distributed loads. The waist and landing slabs are designed for the resulting moment and shear. The deflection ratio check is carried out for the waist slab.
- The support conditions for landing slab shall be specified as simple or continuous for each side individually.
- The module allows the user to design a single flight with up to 20 number of risers.
- The deflection ratio is checked for waist slab with following options:
- For above options, the application uses the span to effective depth ratio for calculation.
- The application automatically detects the suitable conditions based on the staircase landing end conditions defined.
- The user can directly enter the span to effective depth ratio.
- The application calculates and includes the self-weight of staircase for the unit weight specified.
- Design load factors for live and dead loads shall be specified for the calculation of design moment and shear.
- Reinforcement adequacy for the section is checked based on the support conditions of the landing.
- The module checks for allowable shear stress against the design shear stress calculated from the shear coefficients.
- Deflection ratio of waist slab is calculated according to the support conditions provided by the user or by the program.
National Standards Available
- National Annex of several countries such as Europe (Recommended), UK, Finland, Ireland, Malaysia, Norway, Singapore and Sweden are considered.
- Additionally, an option is provided to define the coefficients directly by the user.
- BS 8110-1:1997 - Structural use of concrete - Part 1: Code of practice for design and construction.
- EN1992-1-1:2004 - Design of concrete structures - Part 1-1: General rules and rules for buildings.
- Ver 1.0 - Original version